This page contains a list of all the books I have read and reviewed on this blog, and a separate list of all the books I’d like to read.
These are the books on my to-read list. The links on the book titles will take you to a page about that book. In most cases, that’s the Goodreads page about the book, but sometimes it might go somewhere else, like the CBC Canada Reads page.
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. Recommended by Cynthia as she was reading it.
- The Break by Katherena Vermette. Canada Reads 2017 longlist.
- One Hour in Paris by Karyn L. Freedman. Canada Reads 2017 longlist.
- Today I Learned It Was You by Edward Riche. Canada Reads 2017 longlist.
- Shake Hands with the Devil: The Failure of Humanity in Rwanda by Roméo Dallaire. Waiting for First Light was a good taste, and I would like to read more about Dallaire’s time in Rwanda itself.
- The Reason You Walk by Wab Kinew. Book club read for February.
- The Best Kind of People by Zoe Whittall. This was a 2016 Giller Prize finalist, and it has been recommended to me by a couple of different people.
- Bottle Rocket Hearts by Zoe Whittall. I’ll try The Best Kind of People first, and if I like it, I might move to some of her other titles.
Read and Reviewed
These are all the books I’ve read and reviewed on this site. Some titles may appear under more than one heading. The links on the book names will take you to my review of that book.
Canada Reads 2017
- Fifteen Dogs by André Alexis
- Knucklehead by Matt Lennox
- Quantum Night by Robert J Sawyer
- Waiting for First Light by Roméo Dallaire
- Nostalgia by M. G. Vassanji
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Barracuda by Christos Tsiolkas
- The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman