People often seem to be asking for book recommendations. It’s nice to get recommendations from friends and family; after all, they know you best and probably have a good idea about what you might like. But what if nobody has any good ideas?
Well, I have to admit that I never really have trouble finding something to read. I’ve always got holds on books and e-books at the library, and items on my want to read shelf on Goodreads. It seems like I find more books to read much more quickly than I can actually read them all. So many books, so little time! But where do these endless ideas come from for me?
Here are my top 10 places…
- Book club reading lists.
- Other people’s book blogs.
- Amazon recommendations.
- Past and upcoming shortlists and winners of literary awards.
- Authors I’ve already read and liked.
- Recommendations on the library website.
- Family and friends, especially my mum and my partner.
- Books based on movies I’ve seen or that might be coming out soon.
- Bookstore displays.
Where do you find your next reads?